Confession of an Insomniac

Monday, January 19, 2015
If there is one thing I am always looking forward to the moment I step out of my bed it is of course the time of the day I will come back to and slide in between my bed sheets.
No seriously I am not even kidding. People are constantly questioning my sleep addiction. Coffee addiction, bed addiction, house addiction but they do not understand that unlike any other people my sleep cycle is reversed!
Unless you have ever in your life experimented insomnia you cannot understand what it feels like to lay down on your bed wide awake for hours. And then when you finally fall asleep at 5’45 am, your alarm rings at 6 am to let you know it is time for you to open your eyes and get ready to go wherever the heck you have to be.


I am sure the insomniac out there understands what I mean when I say sleep just loves playing hide and seek with you for hours before you finally find it and fall asleep into Morpheus arms. And sometimes you know you try to make that love and hate relationship (hate being more on the sleep side rather than yours) work. You make sure to give every single once of energy left in you to the world so that when you get home you are so tired that your body has no other choice than surrender to the power of Morpheus. And it works! You are so tired that you are literally battling sleep on your way home. You even skip diner because you know that wasting sleep time is something that might cost you one extra sleepless night on top of the … well… 10 previous ones you already had. So you fast forward everything looking forward to finally sleeping and the minute your head hit the pillow your brain is like: Just kidding!





And that’s when you start thinking about the worst decisions you have ever made in your life. You make a checklist of all the suspicious and questionable choices and/or tastes you had growing up. You go through some of your old pictures on your Facebook account thanking the Lord this period of your life is behind you. And this is the time you get the shittiest ideas you will ever get too! (except for when you are drunk! Drunk ideas are 100% the shittiest ones. No wonder you never have them when you are sober duh!) You go back and read some old texts or messages from when you were with you now ex gf/bf. Then you turn into a stalker and start stalking them on every social media and the next thing you know you are trying to reconnect and send a message asking if she/he is asleep? If she/he would like to meet for coffee? To go out? Yes? No? Nevermind? Yo… it is 3 am in the morning and if I was the gf in question I’ll be like WTF? The whole world is asleep!!! Get busy while I am getting some beauty sleep we’ll talk about that one day (or most likely never…) Or you just start asking yourself life related questions...

But as bad as it can sound, my insomniac hours turn out to be the most productive ones. For some reasons it is the moment of the day where my inspiration peak is at its highest. It is also the time of the day when passed the sluggishness of not being able to sleep, I become the most hyperactive person that has ever existed in the history of my family. Like I would clean the bathroom, the kitchen, do the dishes, fix my closet, do my homework and study for stuff I don’t even have too. Don’t ask me why I don’t know if I knew I wouldn’t be blogging at 4’00 am in the freaking morning. I guess creativity is the enemy of sleep that’s the only explanation I could find. Seems like my sleep is done playing hide and seek with me so I’ll just leave you here and go catch it while I still can.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Click the button below to show emoticons
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature